Upper and Lower Eyelids
Upper and Lower Eyelids: Blepharoplasty
An eyelid lift, also known as a blepharoplasty, is a surgical procedure intended to produce a more youthful and rested appearance of the eyes.
Indications for blepharoplasty include:
- Excess, sagging, or wrinkled upper and/or lower eyelid skin
- Loss of the natural upper eyelid crease
- Eyelid skin interferes with vision
- Bagginess or puffy eyelids .
The surgical plan depends upon a patient’s anatomy and goals as well as Dr. Elmaraghy’s judgment. Eyelid lifts generally include excision of excess skin, fat and muscle from the lids.
Blepharoplasty may be combined with other procedures, such as:
- or ptosis repair.
The operation may be performed:
- Under local anesthesia with sedation or under general anesthesia.
- In one and two hours depending upon the surgical plan.
Swelling and bruising progressively disappear over one to two weeks. The final results after blepharoplasty are not fully apparent for a minimum of 3 to 12 months.
View our Before and After Gallery
Blepharoplasty – American Society of Plastic Surgeons
Have our Exclusive Specials delivered to your inbox!
Be the first to receive news, promotions and special event invitations right to your inbox.